Flying High English Hub: Partner School Recruitment Event
Flying High English Hub Partner School Recruitment Event
27th April 9:30-12pm
Flying High Offices, 2a Vickery Way, Chilwell.
Would your school benefit from additional financial support for your phonics programme and access to 9 days of Literacy Specialist support over two years?
Flying High English hub have additional capacity to take on more partner schools for September 2023. Therefore, we want to offer schools the opportunity to attend an event to learn more about our offer and how they can begin partnership work with us.
We are particularly interested to hear from schools who meet two or more of the following criteria:
- The last published Phonics Screening Check result is below the published national average (this was 75% in 2022)
- Low attainment in bottom 20% of children.
- Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate.
- A high proportion of groups considered hard to reach such as EAL, PSM, travellers etc
- Schools referred by local partners (e.g., NLEs, LAs).
- Schools that sit in an education investment area or priority education investment area (List of areas found here)
(If schools only meet one of these but feel they require intensive support, they can still access the partnership. Please contact email@example.com to discuss this in further detail.)
Most schools have selected a DfE validated SSP programme in recent years, therefore, we want our intensive partnership work to help schools get the most from it. We also know that the implementation of a phonics programme is not easy, particularly when schools are faced with various other challenges. To help schools address this, our proven Partner School intensive support programme gives schools the knowledge, confidence and support to truly make a difference for their children. Through a carefully constructed partnership, we help schools implement their chosen programme with rigour and fidelity so they can make a positive impact on the number of children who become proficient readers.
Please be aware of the following:
- Schools should only attend this meeting if they meet two or more of the criteria above (unless you have contacted us beforehand)
- This event is only for schools wanting to engage in our two-year intensive support programme
- Through the programme, schools can access up to £6000 of funding to purchase resources and training for their chosen DfE Validated SSP programme.
- Schools must be committed to making positive changes in the way they support children in the lowest 20%.
- The headteacher must be committed to the programme and will show this by attending this event with the school’s reading/phonics leader.
- Schools wanting to join the partnership must commit to receiving an English Hub audit during the summer term.
Book via this link https://futures.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk/courses/3709816186/english-hub-partner-school-recruitment-event-free-event
Flying High English Hub Leader