Leading SEND in the Mainstream – Short Course
“Good teaching for pupils with SEND is good teaching for all”. Vital for Some; Beneficial for All.
This three part modular programme will support teachers to develop their ability to effectively meet the needs of all SEND learners in their classroom, using the 5 Key Recommendations from the EEF’s SEND Support in Mainstream Schools Guidance Report. This programme aims to raise the profile of SEND to ensure it is a key focus for all professionals across all settings, making Every Teacher a Teacher of SEND.
This programme is aimed at mainstream primary and secondary teachers.
The programme will cover key threads such as
• Relationships and Knowing Your Learner: Top Tips for Working with Parents and other Professionals
• Effective Classroom Leadership: Working with Teaching Assistants and the Complimentary Use of Interventions
• Practical High Quality Teaching Strategies to Meet the Needs of all SEND Learners
In the High Quality Teaching session you will hear from outstanding classroom practitioners and experts as they share real-school, practical tips on how to implement the EEF’s top 5 effective High Quality Teaching strategies in your classroom.
• Modelling (Cognitive & MetaCognitive strategies)
• Flexible Grouping
• Explicit Instructions & Language
• ICT to support learning
Session 1 29/11/2022 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Session 2 23/01/2023 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Session 3 02/03/2023 1.00pm – 3.30pm
Who: This event is open to practitioners from Primary and Secondary Schools
Facilitators: Alistair Crawford, Sarah McAneny
Venue: Wyndham Spencer Academy, Wyndham Street, Alvaston, Derby, DE24 0EP