Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils
The gap may have widened, but the link between family income and educational attainment can be broken.
Join us on our highly innovative 5 module programme where we explore the following questions:
- What does the evidence say about how disadvantaged learners make progress?
- How can we respond to the disadvantaged gap in light of the pandemic?
- What does your school need to focus on to make the biggest impact?
- How can the Pupil Premium Strategy drive your school’s improvement?
This programme seeks to explore practical, evidence informed approaches for closing the poverty-related attainment gap. Engaging with the best available evidence on high quality teaching, targeted academic support and school-wide approaches, you will develop and implement a Pupil Premium strategy fit for your setting so that all pupils can flourish.
Throughout the 5 modules you will receive:
- The tools needed to provide an honest and robust self-evaluation of your current provision
- Knowledge and support to help shape a school specific focus for your development
- Strategies to Implement a purposeful Pupil Premium Strategy and evaluate its impact effectively
- Information to make evidence informed decisions about improving teaching and learning
- Support to develop a quality assured framework for Pupil Premium Reviewers
Twilight Introduction 03/11/20224.00 – 5.00pm – Zoom
Session 1 08/11/20221.30 – 4.30pm
Session 2 23/11/20221.30 ‑4.30pm
Session 3 02/12/20221.30 – 4.30pm
Session 4 14/12/20221.30 – 4.30pm
Twilight 17/12/2022 – 3.00 – 5.00pm – Zoom
Session 5 20/01/20231.30 – 4.30pm
Who: Pupil Premium Leads, Senior Leaders
Venue: The Mease Spencer Academy, Carsington Rd, Hilton, Derby DE655LX
Facilitators: Tammy Elward, Amy Ford, Katie Pattison