National Professional Qualification in Headship (NPQH)
In 18 months, you will develop the knowledge that underpins expert school leadership and apply it to become an outstanding headteacher.
- One of a series of new, evidence informed NPQs
- Flexible learning to suit your timetable
- Combine insight and practice to drive change
- Gain an NPQ Headship accreditation
What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department for Educations’ National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Headship Framework.
You will learn how to:
- set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve classroom and school culture
- transform pupils’ knowledge, capabilities and beliefs about learning
- create a fair and structured approach to learning and testing
- establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
- support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
- lead school-wide professional development for staff
- establish good financial, human and educational resource management
- make and act on evidence-informed decisions
- work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
- lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure staff know their professional responsibilities.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
How you will learn:
Our programmes are designed for participants to engage in both live, facilitated sessions and modules that you can complete at any time.
Over 18 months, this includes:
- A school visit.
- Two full day conferences (6hrs each).
- Nine courses (each course lasts six weeks).
- Each course includes six modules.
- Eight two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions).
- One two-hour assessment clinic.
- Nine communities (one-hour group sessions).
The assessment window starts at the end of the 18-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.