National Professional Qualification in Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC)
In 12 months, you will gain expertise in behaviour management and discover how to create a culture where staff and pupils can thrive.
- One of a series of new, specialist NPQs
- Flexible learning to suit your timetable
- Work with and learn from your peers
- Create a positive culture in your school
What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department of Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Behaviour and Culture Framework.
You will learn how to:
- create a culture of high expectations across your school
- support the development of a positive, predictable and safe environment for pupils
- assist pupils with complex behavioural needs
- nurture improvement through evidence-based professional development
- put new approaches to leading behaviour and culture into practice in your school setting.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
How you will learn:
Our programmes are designed for participants to engage in both live, facilitated sessions and modules that you can complete at any time.
Over 12 months, this includes:
- One full day conference.
- Six courses (each course lasts six weeks).
- Each course includes six modules.
- Five two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions).
- One two-hour assessment clinic.
- Six communities (one-hour group sessions).
The assessment window starts at the end of the 12-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.