National Professional Qualification in Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD)
In 12 months, you will gain the knowledge to become a teacher educator and successfully support teachers in your school to expand their skills.
- One of a series of new, specialist NPQs.
- Flexible learning to suit your timetable.
- Gain a professional accreditation.
- Become an expert teacher educator.
What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teacher Development Framework.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- make sure professional development in your school is focused on a shared responsibility for improving outcomes for all pupils
- diagnose what teachers know and can do, starting professional development from that point and adapting the approach based on their developing expertise
- help teachers improve through evidence-based professional development focused on improving classroom teaching
- gain an understanding of what teachers have learned by reviewing patterns of performance over a number of assessments
- develop and lead a team of colleagues who can facilitate a range of professional development approaches
- contribute to a programme of professional development for mentors, trainees and early career teachers.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
How you will learn:
Our programmes are designed for participants to engage in both live, facilitated sessions and modules that you can complete at any time.
Over 12 months, this includes:
- One full day conference.
- Six courses (each course lasts six weeks).
- Each course includes six modules.
- Five two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions).
- One two-hour assessment clinic.
- Six communities (one-hour group sessions).
The assessment window starts at the end of the 12-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.