National Professional Qualification in Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
In 12 months, you will discover what outstanding teaching looks like and use this knowledge to become a high performing leader of teaching.
- One of a series of new, specialist NPQs
- Gain an NPQ for Leading Teaching accreditation
- Become an excellent leader of teaching
- Flexible learning to suit your timetable
What you’ll learn
This programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teaching Framework.
On this programme, you will learn how to:
- explain important ideas about the science of learning
- understand what good teaching practice is and how to implement it
- support colleagues to design a broad and coherent curriculum
- plan effective lessons and stimulate your pupils’ thinking
- help colleagues adapt their teaching to different needs
- contribute to the design of school assessment systems
- align your professional development with wider school improvement priorities.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
How you will learn:
Our programmes are designed for participants to engage in both live, facilitated sessions and modules that you can complete at any time.
Over 12 months, this includes:
- One full day conference.
- Six courses (each course lasts six weeks).
- Each course includes six modules.
- Five two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions).
- One two-hour assessment clinic.
- Six communities (one-hour group sessions).
The assessment window starts at the end of the 12-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, participants will be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which they respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and participants can sit the assessment two times, if they need to.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.