National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
This 18-month programme helps you develop your leadership knowledge and expertise to improve outcomes for teachers and pupils in your school.
- Gain an NPQ Senior Leadership accreditation
- Enjoy flexible training to suit your timetable
- Access evidence-based learning
- Learn from leadership experts
What you’ll learn:
This programme follows the Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification: Senior Leadership Framework.
You will learn how to:
- Set clear goals and communicate shared values that improve the culture in your classrooms and school
- Establish a safe and positive environment for pupils
- Support colleagues to meet individual needs and make sure all pupils have access to a rich curriculum
- Lead school-wide professional development for staff
- Make and act on evidence-informed decisions
- Work well with parents, carers, other schools and the wider community
- Lead by example, be accountable for decisions and make sure colleagues know their responsibilities.
Note: programme content is subject to change.
How you will learn:
Our programmes are designed so you can engage in live, facilitated sessions alongside modules you can complete at any time.
Over 18 months, this includes:
- Two full day conferences (six hours each)
- Nine courses (each course lasts six weeks)
- Six modules within each course
- Six two-hour clinics (facilitated sessions).
- One two-hour assessment clinic.
- Nine communities (one-hour group sessions).
The assessment window starts at the end of the 18-month programme and runs for three months. During this time, you’ll be given an eight-day window to sit an ‘open book’ style assessment in which you respond to a short case study.
There are two assessment windows every year, and you can sit the assessment twice, if needed.
You need to complete the course to qualify for the NPQ accreditation.
Ambition Institute will offer a webinar and live clinic in advance of the assessment window to support participants.