New for September 2022 SEND in the Mainstream
Available from September 2022 – Express an Interest now for further information – CLICK HERE
Schools in the hub area have identified a growing need to consider what high quality teaching means for pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disability. Leaders have identified how the achievement gap between SEND and Non-SEND pupils continues to grow, especially due to the pandemic. Therefore, leaders express a strong moral imperative to close this gap for a group of pupils who often have the greatest need for excellence. The sessions have been designed around the EEF framework. The sessions will cover:
- Creating a positive and supportive environment for SEND pupils
- Understanding SEND needs based on the assess, plan, do review cycle
- Ensuring and assuring high quality teaching for SEND pupils (1) Focus on flexible grouping and metacognitive strategies for SEND
- Ensuring and assuring high quality teaching for SEND pupils (2) Focus on explicit instruction and scaffolding for SEND
- How can the use of technology contribute to a high-quality teaching offer for SEND pupils?
- What makes effective interventions for SEND pupils?
- Effective use of teaching assistants to impact progress in SEND This professional development course fits into the aims within the white paper namely:
- timely identification of need
- accurate assessment in all schools of need
An evidence-based response: children who are identified as needing academic, pastoral or specialist support will receive high-quality, evidence-based help
- identification of where additional support is required
- where they need additional support.
- Transparency: parents will be better informed about their child’s progress, and the support their child receives
Terms of Delivery: Late Autumn into Spring
Booking Details: CLICK HERE for our Expression of Interest Form ahead of our September 2022 launch
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org