NEW for September 2022 Teaching Excellence
Available from September 2022 – Express an Interest now for further information – CLICK HERE
Audience: Class teachers who want to improve their classroom practice. The course will provide skills and strategies to use within the classroom to facilitate excellent teaching.
The course will enable teachers to reflect and improve their classroom practice through structured session and discussions. Strategies will be provided for teachers against the teaching standards to share and explore great practice within the lessons, backed up by a research base. The sessions will also focus on teacher wellbeing and workload. The sessions to be delivered include:
- Excellent Teaching and the Teacher as a professional (focus on wellbeing and workload).
- What is High Quality Teaching? What does this mean in your setting?
- How does cognitive science enable teachers to ensure there is great learning within our classrooms?
- How do we meet the needs of all learners?
- Using effective assessment to support learning
- Accelerating progress for disadvantaged Pupils
- Creating excellent climates for learning
Due to the pandemic, teachers have had little chance to discuss pedagogy and how to improve their practice with an audience wider than their schools. Through our surveys, we know that this is an area of need within or Hub and an opportunity that schools would relish. We would thread workload and well being through all sessions to aim to arm teachers with strategies to keep them within the teaching profession. The link between pupil outcomes and quality teacher development provision is founded in a ‘strong and credible’ evidence base.
Terms of Delivery: Sessions over the academic year – Autumn – Summer
Booking Details: CLICK HERE for our Expression of Interest Form ahead of our September 2022 launch
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org