The gap may have widened, but the link between family income and educational attainment can be broken.
Join us on our highly innovative 5 module programme where we explore the following questions:
● What does the evidence say about how disadvantaged learners make progress?
● How can we respond to the disadvantaged gap in light of the pandemic?
● What does your school need to focus on to make the biggest impact?
● How can the Pupil Premium Strategy drive your school’s improvement?
This programme seeks to explore practical, evidence informed approaches for closing the poverty-related attainment gap. Engaging with the best available evidence on high quality teaching, targeted academic support and school-wide approaches, you will develop and implement a Pupil Premium strategy fit for your setting so that all pupils can flourish.
Throughout the 5 modules you will receive:
● The tools needed to provide an honest and robust self-evaluation of your current provision
● Knowledge and support to help shape a school specific focus for your development
● Strategies to Implement a purposeful Pupil Premium Strategy and evaluate its impact effectively
● Information to make evidence informed decisions about improving teaching and learning
● Support to develop a quality assured framework for Pupil Premium Reviewers
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils -Twilight Introduction 26/10/2023 4.00 – 5.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils – Session 1 13/11/2022 1.30 – 4.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils – Session 2 22/11/2023 1.30 – 4.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils – Session 3 07/12/2023 1.30 – 4.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils – Session 4 23/01/2024 1.30 – 4.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils -Twilight 08/02/2024 3.00 – 5.00pm
Making the Difference for Disadvantaged Pupils -Session 5 13/03/2024 1.30 – 4.00pm
Who: Pupil Premium Leads, Senior Leaders
Venue: Portland Spencer Academy Conference Centre, Westwick Road, Nottingham NG8 4HB
Facilitators: Tammy Elward and Amy Ford